Friday, March 27, 2015

Bible blogging...Matthew 20:33-34

Scripture:
Matt 20:33-34 "They said to him, "Lord, let our eyes be opened." And Jesus in pity touched their eyes, and immediately they recovered their sight and followed Him."

Observation:
Jesus heard the two guys calling out to him from the roadside, and after being told to ignore them and move on, he stopped. He stopped. For them. Blind guys. Beggars. (Much like me…I'm blind in so many ways, I'm a beggar because I have nothing of worth to offer to Him, except for one thing--me.) Then, he talked to them, asking them a question. "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO FOR YOU?" They answered, "Let our eyes be opened." He felt pity for these guys, dirt poor beggars who couldn't even see, so He granted their request. He did it by touching their eyes. Not by saying words, not by patting them on the head, but touching their eyes. The fingerprints of God touched their blindness, and they immediately recovered their sight. And they followed Him after that.

Application:
I have areas of blindness, weakness, sin, etc. in my life. I am like the beggars, so poor that I don't have anything of worth to offer to the King of Kings, but I can offer myself to His service to be used in whatever way He sees fit.

Kneeling prayer:
Lord let my eyes be opened so I might see what you want me to see, so I can follow you. Forgive me for the sins I have committed, I want your grace to come in and cover me, and help me to extend that grace to everyone else, especially to my family. I love you Lord, and I bless you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment